Baked Spinach Chicken Macaroni
Views : 78413
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Macaroni - 2 cup
- Boneless chicken - 250 gram
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Crushed garlic - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1,thinly sliced
- Spinach (washed and chopped ) - 2 cup
- Green peas (cooked or frozen) - 1 cup (if using frozen, heat it in the microwave for about 2 - 3 minutes)
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- All purpose flour - 1 ½ tbsp
- Pepper - 1 - 1 ½ tsp (according to taste)
- Oregano - ¼ tsp
- Basil - a pinch (optional)
- Red chili flakes - ½ tsp
- Milk - 250 ml
- Grated cheddar cheese - 1/4 cup
- Bread crumbs - ¾ cup
- Melted butter - 3 - 4 tbsp
- Shredded mozzarella cheese - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Cook macaroni as per instructions on the package adding enough salt and one tbsp oil in the water. When cooked, drain the water and pour cold water over it. Again drain the water and sprinkle 1 tbsp oil over it. Keep it aside.
- Marinate chicken pieces with soy sauce and salt and fry it in 3 tbsp oil. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan, cut it to pieces when cooled and keep it aside.
- In the same pan (in which chicken is fried), add crushed garlic to it and saute for few seconds. To this add sliced onion and saute till soft and changes its colour.
- Add chopped spinach and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes and no water content is remaining in it. Add cooked green peas and fried chicken pieces and enough salt and cook for another 2 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a sauce pan, add all purpose flour and cook for about 3 minutes stirring continuously. Add pepper powder, oregano, basil, red chili flakes and little salt and cook for a minute on low flame. To this add milk little by little and combine well. Bring it to boil and cook till thick. Add cheddar cheese to this and combine well till it melts completely.
- Add this sauce and spinach - chicken mix to the cooked macaroni and combine well. Spread this evenly in a greased baking dish.
- Add 4 tbsp melted butter to the bread crumbs and mix well with the finger. Sprinkle half of this over the macaroni. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese all over and then sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs over the cheese. Sprinkle a pinch of oregano and red chili flakes all over.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree and bake this for about 25 - 30 minutes. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's