White Sponge Flag Cake
Views : 67864
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Plain Flour (Maida) -1 Cup
- Baking Pwdr - 1 tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Egg - 3
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Milk - ½ cup
- Grease and dust a rectangle shape baking tin and keep it ready. Pre heat the Owen at 200 deg
- Sieve flour, baking pwdr and salt together and keep it ready. Heat milk and keep it ready
- Beat egg with a hand mixer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar to it and beat well till light & fluffy. Add milk and vanilla essence little by little and mix slowly. Add sieved flour little by little and mix slowly (if you add it together beaten egg will sink). Gently fold the mixer till combined (no trace of flour should be visible)
- Pout this mixture to the greased pan. Spread evenly. Gently hit the pan on the work space in order to release the air bubbles inside. Bake it in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Check by inserting a tooth pick at the center of the cake, if it comes out clean cake is ready. Cool it at room temperature. Remove it from the cake tin and cool it completely.
- Similarly make one more cake using the same steps and ingredients from step 1-4 (if multiple layers are required). Cut the cake into two halves using a thread to make two layers from each cake (4 layers from 2 cakes)
For Butter Cream Icing
- Butter - 300 gm
- Powdered Sugar - 3 Cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Milk - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Cream the butter with hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar little by little and beat till light and creamy. Add vanilla essence and mix well. Add milk till spreadable consistency is obtained.
- For flag cake, take some portion of the icing cream from above and mix green color and keep it separately (or make the desired colors from the above icing cream).
- Sugar Syrup - (1 cup water + ½
- Strawberry Sauce - (2 ½ cup strawberry + sugar - 1/2 cup) Mix together and cook till thick.(for layering and filling on top.
- Whipping Pwdr - 2 Sachet, Milk - 230 ml, Sugar - 3 tbsp, Vanilla Essence - ½ tsp (Whip all these three in a cold bowl till light and creamy)
- Oreo Cookie - 3 to 4 (Powdered)
- White Chocolate - 6 tbsp
- Green food Color - As required
- Keep 1st layer of the cake and sprinkle little sugar syrup, spread little whipping cream and few drops of strawberry sauce here and there. Keep next layer of cake on top of it and repeat the same. Once all layers are done, keep the last layer of cake on top, sprinkle little sugar syrup and cover it with butter cream icing. Make a border with the icing and line on top with a knife to make a desired flag. Top the cake with oreo cookie , green icing, white chocolate and strawberry sauce according to the flag color
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's