White Chocolate Mousse Cake With Chocolate Ganache
Views : 56474
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the chocolate cake
- All purpose flour - 1 ¾ cup
- Sugar - 2 cup
- Cocoa powder - ½ cup
- Baking powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Baking soda - 1 ½ tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil - ½ cup
- Butter milk - 1 cup
- Egg - 2
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Boiling water - 1 cup
- Instant coffee powder - 2 tsp
- Butter and all purpose flour - for greasing and dusting the cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease the cake pan with butter and dust it with all purpose flour and keep it ready.
- Mix together all purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a deep bowl till well combined. To this add vegetable oil, butter milk, egg and vanilla essence and mix on medium speed till well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl in between.
- Stir in the instant coffee powder to the boiling water and mix well. Add this mixture to the prepared batter and beat on low speed till well combined.
- Pour this cake batter to the greased - dusted pan and bake it in the preheated oven for about 35 - 40 minutes (or till a wooden skewer inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool for about 10 minutes, then move it to a wire rack and let it cool completely at room temperature.
For the white chocolate mousse filling and frosting
- Whipping cream - 2 - 2 ½ cup
- White chocolate (chopped) - 1 cup
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Condensed milk - ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar - ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Mix together white chocolate and milk and heat it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Remove from oven and mix well until the chocolate melts completely. Stir in the condensed milk, powdered sugar and vanilla essence and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Whip well the whipping cream with a beater in a deep bowl. When stiff peaks are formed, add the melted white chocolate slowly and gently mix till combined. (do not over whip the cream, else it will turn to butter).(chill the bowl, in which you are going to beat the cream, well before beating the cream). Keep it in the refrigerator covered till the cakes are ready to use.
Layering the cake
- Sugar syrup - ¾ cup water + 1/3 cup sugar (boil and let it cool)
- Strawberries (chopped) - ½ cup
- Whole strawberries - 3- 4, to garnish
- Chocolate shapes - to garnish
- Cut the cake to make two halves. Keep the upper half aside. Sprinkle little sugar syrup over lower half of the cake. Then spread a thick layer of prepared white chocolate mousse over the cake and make it smooth. Sprinkle the chopped strawberries all over.
- Place the upper half of the cake above the mousse layer and sprinkle sugar syrup. Cover the whole cake (the upper part and the sides) with the remaining white chocolate mousse (reserve some for making the borders). Make the surface smooth with an icing spatula dipped in hot water.
- Make border to the cake with the remaining white chocolate mousse. Let the cake cool till the chocolate ganache is ready.
For the chocolate ganache
- Milk chocolate (chopped)/ chocolate chips - ½ cup
- Thick cream/ fresh cream - ½ cup
- Microwave the cream in a deep bowl till it starts bubbling (for a minute or so). Take the cream from the microwave and add the chocolate to the cream and stir gently till the chocolate melts completely and is well combined.
- Let it cool for some time at room temperature. Pour it over the prepared cake and spread it evenly (reserve little chocolate ganache for dipping strawberries).
- Decorate the cake with strawberries dipped in the remaining chocolate ganache and chocolate shapes.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's