Views : 56443
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the caramel sauce
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Water - 3 tbsp
- Unsalted butter - ¼ cup
- Fresh cream / thick cream - ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Salt - a pinch (optional)
- Heat sugar and water in a pan on medium heat stirring constantly. Let it melt completely and turn golden brown,
- Remove from flame and immediately add butter stirring continuously. Combine well.
- Slowly add the cream to it and mix well.
- Bring it back to heat and allow the mixture to boil for a minute stirring continuously. Remove from flame. Keep it aside.
For the biscuit base
- Digestive biscuit - 20 - 25 (powdered)
- Unsalted butter - 5 tbsp (at room temperature)
- Mix together the above ingredients with your finger tips and combine well. Put it in a spring form pan, spread it evenly and press it with your finger tips. Pour half cup of prepared caramel sauce over the biscuit base and refrigerate it for about 20 - 30 minutes. (Reserve the remaining caramel sauce for drizzling on top of the cheesecake )
- Cream cheese - 460 gram (16 oz)
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 ½ tsp
- Egg - 2
- Pecans - about 15 - 20 (for topping)
- Chocolate syrup (for drizzling on top) (ready made)
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence together in a deep bowl till well combined. Add egg to this one by one beating till just combined.
- Pour this mixture over the biscuit base and bake it in a preheated oven for about 40 - 50 minutes or till done at 180 degree(till a tooth pick inserted at the center of the cheese cake comes out clean). Cool it at room temperature, then refrigerate for about 3 - 4 hours.
- Drizzle the remaining caramel sauce and chocolate sauce over the cheesecake and top it with chopped pecans. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's