Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
Views : 58968
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Cooking chocolate (chopped) - 1 cup
- Unsalted butter - 125 gram
- Egg - 4
- Sugar - ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- All purpose flour - ½ cup
- Icing sugar - 1 - 2 tsp (for garnishing )
- Strawberries - to garnish
- Butter - for greasing the ramekins (bowl)
- Microwave the chopped chocolate and butter in a bowl for about 45 seconds or so. Take it out of the oven and combine well slowly till the chocolate and butter is melted completely. Keep it aside for about 10 minutes to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree. Grease the ramekins with butter and keep it ready.
- In another bowl, combine egg, sugar and vanilla essence till pale (for about 3 - 4 minutes). To this add all purpose flour and combine well.
- Now add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and combine well. Pour this mixture to the greased ramekins (fill it till ¾ of the cups). Keep the ramekins in a baking pan and bake it in the preheated oven for about 14 - 17 minutes (till the upper part and the sides are firm and it jiggles when u shake slowly).
- Take it out of the oven and let it sit for a minute. Run a knife around the cake, cover it with a serving plate and turn it upside down to move the cake easily to the serving plate. Dust it with powdered sugar, top it with strawberry and serve immediately.
Note : makes about 5 - 6 depending on the size
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's