Mocha Yule Log
Views : 50352
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour - ½ cup
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Baking powder - ½ tsp
- Egg - 3
- Powdered sugar - 7 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Preheat oven at 180 degree. Grease and line swiss roll tin with parchment paper and keep it ready.
- Combine together all purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and sift it 2 - 3 times
- Beat egg and powdered sugar in a deep bowl for about 8 - 10 minutes. Add vanilla essence and combine.
- To this add the flour mixture little by little and fold it slowly. Pour this batter to the greased pan, spread it evenly and bake it for about 12 to 15 minutes till done.
- Place a baking sheet over the work space, sprinkle little powdered sugar and lay the prepared cake over the parchment. Peel the parchment paper from the other side and roll it along with the parchment paper at the down side. Let it cool for some time at room temperature.
For the mocha cream filling
- Whipping cream - ½ cup
- Powdered sugar - ¼ cup
- Instant coffee powder - 1 tsp
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Condensed milk - ¼ cup
- Beat the whipping cream till soft peaks are formed. Mix coffee powder to the milk and add it to the whipping cream. Add powdered sugar and condensed milk and combine well.
- When the rolled cake is completely cooled, unroll it and fill this cream to it and roll it again slowly without the parchment paper.
- Move it to serving plate and cool till set for about 2 - 3 hours.
For the buttercream frosting
- Unsalted butter - 5 tbsp (at room temperature)
- Icing sugar - 1 ½ cup
- Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
- Instant coffee powder - 2 tsp
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Beat well butter and icing sugar till light and creamy. To this add cocoa powder, instant coffee powder mixed with 2 tbsp milk and vanilla essence and beat well till well combined.
- Spread this mocha butter cream over the rolled cake evenly and line it with a fork. Cool it and serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's