Views : 50390
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Dry fruits (tutti fruity, black raisins, kismis, cherries, etc) - 1 ½ cup
- Cashew nuts - ½ cup (chopped)
- Orange peel - 1 tsp
- Ginger (finely chopped and crushed) - 1 tsp
- Fresh Orange juice - 1 ½ cup
- Cook all the above ingredients in a pan till dry. There should not be any water content in it. Keep it in a plate to cool. Keep it aside.
For caramel sauce
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Water - ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
- Heat sugar in a non stick pan. When it is completely melted and changes the colour to golden brown, add water and combine well carefully. Cook this for another 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from flame and let it cool. Keep it aside.
For the batter
- All purpose flour - 1 cup + ¼ cup (for dusting the cooked dry fruits)
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- All spice powder - 1 tsp (powder made by grinding together 2 small pieces of cinnamon, 3 - 4 cloves, 3 - 4 cardamom and nutmeg)
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Butter - ¾ cup (150 gram), at room temperature
- Brown sugar - 1 cup (if you do nott have brown sugar, use normal sugar), grind it to fine powder
- Egg - 3
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Orange juice - ½ cup
- Butter and all purpose flour - for greasing and dusting the cake tin
- Grease the cake tin with butter and dust it with all purpose flour. Keep it aside. Preheat the oven to 180 degree.
- Combine together all purpose flour, baking powder, all spice powder and salt. Sieve it 3 - 4 times.
- Beat the butter in a deep bowl till creamy with an electric beater. To this add the powdered sugar and beat well till light and creamy. To this add vanilla essence and combine well.
- Add egg to this and beat well, one at a time. Now add the orange juice and combine with a spoon.
- To this add the prepared caramel sauce and mix till well combined. Add the flour mixture to this little by little and fold it.
- Sprinkle the ¼ cup flour over the cooked and cooled dry fruits. Add this to the prepared cake batter and gently fold. Pour this batter to the greased cake tin and gently hit the cake tin over the work space to release air bubbles. Bake it in the preheated oven for about 50 - 60 minutes or till a wooden skewer inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for some time (about 20 - 30 minutes). Remove the cake slowly from the cake tin and cool it completely over a wire rack. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's