Views : 58932
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Butter - 100 g (at room temp)
- Egg - 2 (separated)
- Sugar - 2 tbsp + 4 tbsp
- Plain flour - ¾ cup
- Baking pwd - 1 tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Grease a cake pan with butter and dust with flour. Keep it aside. Preheat the oven to 150 degree.
- Sift together plain flour, baking pwd and salt. Keep it aside.
- Beat egg whites till foamy and stiff. Gradually add 2 tbsp of sugar and beat well.
- In another bowl, beat the butter till creamy. To this add 4 tbsp sugar and beat well. Add egg yolks one by one and also vanilla essence and beat well.
- To this, add half of the sifted flour mix and beat till combined. Add the milk little by little and again mix it. Add the remaining flour and mix till well combined.
- Fold the beaten egg whites to the butter - flour mixture. ( just fold it, do not over mix). Pour this batter to the greased cake pan and bake for about 40 - 45 minutes or till done. (check the cake if it is done by inserting a tooth pick) if it comes out clean, your cake is done). Remove the cake from the oven and cool it for about 10 minutes at room temperature. Slowly remove the cake from the cake pan.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's