Apple Cake With Streusel Topping
Views : 58893
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour - 1 3/4 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup + 2 bsp
- Baking powder - 1 ¾ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Egg - 1
- Milk - ½ cup
- Vegetable oil - ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Apple (chopped) - 1 ¾ cup
- Sugar - ¼ cup (for the Streusel topping)
- All purpose flour - 2 tbsp (for the Streusel topping)
- Butter - 1 ½ tbsp (for the Streusel topping)
- Chopped almonds - 2 tbsp (for the Streusel topping)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree. Take a square or round cake pan, grease it with butter and dust the pan with flour. Keep it ready.
- Sift together all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Keep it aside.
- Beat together egg, milk and oil till well combined. To this add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little and mix well. Add the chopped apple to this and mix slowly till evenly combined. Pour this to the dusted cake pan and spread it evenly.
- Mix together the ingredients of streusel topping to a crumbly texture in a separate bowl. Sprinkle this all over the cake batter and bake it in the preheated oven for about 35 - 40 minutes or till the cake is well baked and the streusel topping slightly changes the colour (check the cake by inserting a wooden skewer at the center of the cake). Remove it from the oven and cool it over a wire rack. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's