Almond -Chocolate Glazed Donuts
Views : 59938
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour - 2 cup
- Baking powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder - a pinch
- Butter - 5 tbsp
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Egg - 1
- Vanilla essence - ¼ tsp
- Milk - 2 - 3 tbsp (as required to make a smooth dough)
- Salt -1/4 tsp
- Mix together all purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt. To this add butter and mix it with your finger tips.
- Add sugar to this and mix well. Now add egg and vanilla essence and mix well with a spoon. Start kneading the dough lightly adding milk, 1 tbsp at a time, to make smooth and soft dough.
- Roll the dough with enough thickness (about ¼ inch thickness) and cut the donuts with two cookie cutter of two different sizes.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium flame, drop the donuts in the oil and fry till light golden brown turning the sides after 2 - 3 minutes. ( do not fry it in high flame as the donuts will be browned outside and uncooked inside). Place the fried donuts in a kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Let it cool at room temperature for some time and then top it with chocolate glaze and chopped almonds.
For The Almond Chocolate Glaze
- Cooking chocolate - ½ cup (Chopped)
- Thick cream/ thick fresh cream - ½ cup
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Chopped almonds - 2 - 3 tbsp
- Take the thick cream/ thick fresh cream in a bowl and microwave it for a minute. To this add the chopped chocolate and mix well till the chocolate melts completely.
- Add butter to this and combine well. Keep it aside for about 5 minutes. Then top the donuts with this chocolate and sprinkle little chopped almonds. Serve .
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's