Views : 50371
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Urad daal - 1 cup
- Ginger - 1 ½ - 2 tsp (chopped)
- Whole pepper - ½ tsp
- Onion - ½ (chopped)
- Green chili - 2 (chopped)
- Curry leaves - 6 - 8 leaves
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for frying
- Soak cleaned urad daal for about 3 - 4 hours. Grind it with half of the ginger, one green chili and whole pepper, without adding water.
- Add the chopped onion, remaining ginger, green chili, curry leaves and enough salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. The oil should be medium hot. Dip your hand in water and take little ground batter in your hand, make a hole at the center with your thumb and put it in oil and fry it in medium flame till golden turning the sides occasionally. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- Makes about 8 -10 vadas.
Note : Makes about 8 -10 vadas.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's