Ghee Roast Dosa
Views : 59817
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Raw rice / dosa rice - 1 cup
- Urad daal - ½ cup
- Fenugreek seeds (methi seed) - ¾ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee - for spreading on the dosa
- Wash and soak dosa rice and urad daal + fenugreek seeds separately for about 5 - 6 hours. Grind both separately adding enough water (for grinding urad daal + methi seed, add the water in which it is soaked).
- Mix both the batters together and keep it covered overnight for fermenting.
- Add enough water if required (the batter should not be too thick nor too runny) and enough salt and mix well.
- Heat a big pan (tawa), when the pan is hot, reduce the flame and rub the pan with a cloth or tissue paper (if the pan is too hot, you will not be able to spread the batter neatly). Pour a ladle full of the prepared batter in the middle of the pan and spread it slowly with the ladle in a circular manner till thin dosa is formed. Increase the flame and spoon some ghee (clarified butter) all over and cook till golden brown and crisp. Serve hot with chutney.
Note : makes about 7 big ghee roast dosas with this recipe. If you are using a small pan, take less batter accordingly for making dosa, else it will not be crisp.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's