Crispy French Fries
Views : 69591
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Potatoes - 3
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Pepper powder or red chili powder - for seasoning (optional)
- Wash and peel the skin of potatoes. Cut the potatoes lengthwise to get long rectangular pieces. Soak them in water for about an hour, changing the water occasionally, 3 - 4 times.
- Take water in a deep bowl adding enough salt and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and add the potatoes and let it cook for about 3 - 5 minutes, till the potatoes are half cooked. Immediately drain the water and dry out completely the potatoes with a kitchen towel.
- Move these potatoes to a zip lock bag and freeze it for about 4 -5 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep pan (the oil should be very hot), add the frozen potatoes to the hot oil and fry till golden. Remove it from the oil and move it to a kitchen towel to remove excess oil, if any. Serve hot as it is with tomato ketchup or sprinkle little black pepper powder or red chili powder over the French fries and serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's