Views : 59172
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Fresh methi leaves/ fenugreek leaves (removed from the stem and chopped) - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Red chili powder - ¾ tsp
- Coriander powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Butter milk - ¾ - 1 cup (as required to make a smooth dough)
- Oil - 2 + 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- All purpose flour - as required for dusting
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and let it crackle. To this to this add the chopped methi leaves and saute till it reduces its volume.
- Take the wheat flour in a deep bowl, add the sauted methi leaves, all the spice powders and enough salt and combine well. To this add 2 tbsp oil. Add butter milk little by little and knead it to make smooth and soft dough. Keep it covered for half an hour.
- Make 10 - 12 balls out of the dough and roll it dusting the flour to make parathas.
- Heat a non - stick pan, grease it with oil and cook turning the sides till done. Serve hot with yoghurt and pickle.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's