Mushroom - Chicken Lasagna
Views : 78418
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Lasagna sheets - 10 - 12 (more or less depending on the size of the dish and lasagna sheets)
- Boneless chicken breast - 500 gram (ground in a food processor) or chicken mince
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Onion - 2 (chopped)
- Garlic cloves - 3 (crushed)
- Tomatoes - 5 (grind well in a blender)
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Red chili flakes - 1 tsp
- Oregano - ½ tsp
- Dried Basil - ½ tsp (optional)
- Water - 1 cup
- Mozzarella cheese - 1 ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Cook the lasagna sheets as per instructions on the package adding enough salt and 2 tbsp oil. When the lasagna sheets are done, drain the hot water wash it with cold water, drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a sauce pan, add the chopped onion to this and saute till soft. To this add the crushed garlic and enough salt and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the ground chicken to this add cook in high flame for about 6 - 8 minutes till the colour of chicken changes slightly, stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato puree to this and let it boil. Add red chili powder, black pepper powder, red chili flakes, oregano and basil and mix well. To this add 1 cup water and cook till a thick on low flame. Let it dry out. Keep it aside.
For the white sauce
- Butter - 4 tbsp
- All purpose flour / maida - 4 tbsp
- Milk - 3 cup
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Mushroom, sliced - 1 ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Heat butter in a pan, add all purpose flour and saute for about 2 - 3 minute on medium flame. Slowly add milk to this stirring continuously.
- Bring it to boil, reduce the flame and cook till thick. Add black pepper powder and enough salt to this and mix well.
- Add the sliced mushroom to this and cook for about 5 minutes on low flame. Remove from flame.
- Grease a glass dish with butter, keep a layer of cooked lasagna sheets covering the bowl. Add half of the cooked chicken mixture, top it with a layer of lasagna sheets.
- Then spread half of the mushroom sauce, again top it with lasagna sheets, then the chicken mixture, then the lasagna sheets and finally the remaining mushroom sauce.
- Cover the mushroom sauce with mozzarella cheese, sprinkle a pinch of oregano on top.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree and bake it for about 30 - 35 minutes, till it changes the colour slightly. Remove it from oven and leave it for about 15 minutes. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's