Views : 60393
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the chicken filling
- Chicken mince - 1/2 kg
- Onion - 4 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Capsicum (bell pepper ) - 1
- Mixed vegetables - 1 cup (carrot, beans, frozen green peas, sweet corn, etc)
- Green chili - 3
- Tomato - 5 (grind it to fine paste)
- Tomato paste - 3 tbsp
- Tomato sauce - 3 tbsp
- Oregano - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and saute till soft. Add ginger garlic paste to it and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the chicken mince, pepper powder and salt to it and mix well. Cook till the chicken mince changes the colour to light brown. Now add the vegetables, capsicum and green chilies. Mix it well and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the grinded tomato and tomato paste (no.9) to it. Cook it on low flame, covered, till it thickens.
- Add the tomato sauce, sugar, lemon juice and oregano to it and mix well. Remove from flame and keep it aside.
For the white sauce
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Flour - 3 tbsp
- Milk - 750 ml
- White pepper powder (or black pepper powder)- 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Melt butter in a pan, add the flour to it, stirring continuously, and cook for about 5 minutes on low flame. Add the milk to it little by little stirring continuously (no lumps should be formed). Boil it stirring continuously. Reduce the flame and cook till it becomes thick sauce.
- Lasagna sheets - about 10 - 12
- Cheddar cheese (shredded) - 1 cup
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded) - 1 cup
- Butter - for greasing the dish
- Oregano - to sprinkle
- Cook the lasagna sheets as per instructions on the package with little salt and oil in water. When cooked, drain the water and run cold water over it .
- Grease the baking tray with butter and little prepared white sauce.
- Make layer of lasagna sheets in the dish(do not overlap). Make a layer of chicken filling over it and spread little white sauce. Top it with very little cheese and sprinkle little oregano.
- Again top it with lasagna sheets and repeat the process.
- At last top it with lasagna sheet, spread the remaining white sauce and add the shredded cheese all over. Sprinkle little oregano.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for about 35 - 40 minutes at 180 degree.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's