Views : 59241
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the dough
- All purpose flour - 1 ½ cup
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Baking powder - a pinch
- Clarified butter (ghee) - 3 tbsp
- Salt - ¾ tsp
- In a bowl, mix together all purpose flour, cumin seeds, baking powder, baking powder and salt. to this add ghee and mix well.
- Add little by little water to this and knead it for about 6 - 8 minutes to get a smooth and soft dough. Keep it covered with a cling wrap for an hour.
For the stuffing
- Potato - 1, big (boil the potato in a pressure cooker till cooked and mash it)
- Green peas - ¼ cup (cooked or frozen)
- Cumin seeds - ¾ tsp
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Green chili - 2 (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 tsp (cooked or frozen)
- Red chili powder - 1 ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Coriander powder - ¾ tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Cumin powder - ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add the chopped onion, green chili and enough salt to this and saute it for about 3 minutes. Add the chopped ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and cumin powder to this and saute on low flame till oil appears on top.
- Add the mashed potato and cooked green peas to this and combine well. Let it cook for another 3 - 4 minutes. add the coriander leaves, mix well and remove from flame.
- For making samosa, Make about 6 - 7 balls out of the prepared dough. Take one of them and dust it with all purpose flour and roll it to make a thick poori like circle. Cut it to two halves, take one of them, apply little water at the sides and fold it to make a cone. Add a little filling to it and press a little at the opening to seal it.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, and fry the samosas on medium flame turning the sides till it turn golden brown. Move it to a paper towel and remove excess oil. Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's