Potato Cheese Balls
Views : 51510
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Potato - 2
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Spring onion - 1 ½tbsp
- Garlic - 2 piece (crushed)
- Pepper powder - 2 tsp
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup OR cream cheese spread - 5 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- All purpose flour/ maida - ½ cup
- Egg white, 1 or 2 OR all purpose flour - 3 tbsp mixed with little water and salt to make a thick batter (for dipping the balls before crumb coating)
- Bread crumbs - ½
- Boil the potatoes with skin till cooked (do not cut potatoes). Remove the potatoes from water and let it cool for some time at room temperature. Pat - dry the potatoes with a kitchen towel and remove the skin. Mash the potatoes with your hand.
- Add mashed potato, butter and chopped spring onion in a pan and cook it for about 2 - 3 minutes on low flame. To this add the crushed garlic, pepper powder and salt and mix till well combined. Cook for a minute stirring continuously.
- Now add the cheese to the potato mixture and mix till well combined. Remove from flame and leave it to cool.
- Make lemon sized balls out of the potato mixture (about 12 - 15). Roll this potato cheese balls in all purpose flour, then in the egg white or maida batter and then roll it in the bread crumbs. Make sure to coat the balls thoroughly in bread crumbs, otherwise the balls will break while frying.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and deep fry the potato cheese balls till golden brown. Serve immediately with mayonnaise or any sauce of your choice.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's