Chicken Spring Roll
Views : 57583
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the filling
- Chicken (cooked adding 1 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, enough salt and 1 1/2 cup of water and shredded) - 1 1/2 cup
- Onion - 2, medium (finely sliced)
- Green chili - 3 (chopped)
- Crushed ginger garlic - 1 ½ tsp
- Carrot - 1 (finely sliced)
- Capsicum - 1/2 (cut to small pieces)
- Pepper pwd - 1 tsp (according to taste)
- Soy sauce - ¾ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onion, green chili and salt and saute till soft on medium heat. To this add crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add carrot and capsicum to this and saute , reduce the flame and saute for another 3 - 4 minutes. Now add pepper powder and soy sauce and saute for 2 minutes. Add shredded chicken to this and combine well. Cook it for another 4 - 5 minutes on low flame and remove from fire. Keep it aside
Batter for making pancake
- All purpose flour - 2 cup
- Water - 2 ¼ - 2 1/2 cup (to make a smooth and thin batter)
- Egg - 1
- Egg yolks (only egg whites will be used for dipping the spring rolls. Instead of throwing it out add it to the batter) - 2 no.s
- Salt - to taste
- Mix together the above ingredients to make a smooth batter adding enough water. Whisk till smooth.
- Heat a small non - stick pan, pour very little batter to it and spread evenly in the pan to get circle shape. Remove the pancake from the pan when just done. Repeat the process till all the pancakes are done. (Reserve 2 - 3 tbsp of batter for sealing the spring rolls.
- Take a pancake, put little filling to it and fold it(as shown in the pic). Seal the spring rolls by brushing little of the reserved batter. Repeat the process till all of them are done.
For dipping, coating and frying
- Egg whites (lightly beaten) - 2
- Bread crumbs - as required for coating,
- Oil - for deep frying,
- Dip the prepared rolls in the egg whites and then roll it in the bread crumbs till well coated.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the rolls on medium heat till golden brown. Serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's