Chicken Macaroni Cake
Views : 66410
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Macaroni (cooked as per instruction on the package adding enough salt and 1 tbsp oil) - 3 ½
- After macaroni is cooked, drain the water from it. Now bring it under cold water, again drain the water and keep it aside.
- Chicken (cooked adding 1 tsp pepper and enough salt) - 1 1/4 cup
- Onion - 2 (sliced)
- Green chili - 4 (chopped)
- Crushed ginger - garlic - 1 ½ tsp
- Carrot - 1 (chopped finely)
- Capsicum - ½ (finely chopped)
- Pepper powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onion, green chili and enough salt and saute on medium high flame till soft. To this add crushed ginger - garlic and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped carrot and capsicum and saute for about 3 - 4 minutes. Add pepper powder and turmeric powder to this and saute till the raw smell disappears. Add the shredded chicken to this, mix well and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes and remove from flame. Keep it aside.
- Egg - 5 no.s
- Milk - ½ ltr
- Pepper - 1 to 1 ½ tsp (according to taste)
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee/ clarified butter - 3 tbsp
- In a deep bowl, take egg and milk and beat till well combined with an egg beater (hand mixer). To this add pepper powder and enough salt and mix well (make sure to add just enough salt because the chicken filling already contains enough salt)
- Add cooked macaroni and the prepared chicken masala to the egg mixture and combine well.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a non - stick pan, pour the prepared macaroni mixture to this and cook covered on very LOW FLAME for about 25 - 30 minutes or till done.
- Now slowly turn this to the other side and cook on low flame for another 5 - 8 minutes on low flame adding the remaining 1 tbsp ghee. (turn this upside down easily by inverting it to a plate and then slowly put it back to the pan upside down and then cook on other side). Remove this from flame and serve hot or warm.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's